Sunday, November 23, 2008

Blog 10

I might have to work over Thanksgiving break, but I need the money for Christmas and other things so I want to work as much as I can while I am home. I do not have a job here at school yet, but I want to find one soon. I feel like it is hard to find one on campus because the majority of the jobs are for the work study students. I do not have a car on campus yet so I don't want to get a job off-campus and have to rely on the bus.
At home, I work at the Old Navy in the mall near my house. The job itself is easy, but I do not suggest working in retail to anyone. The customers my co-workers and I come in contact with are, a lot of the time, ridiculous and not very understanding or friendly. Customers also get crazy if they think something is on sale when it actually isn't, just because they misread a sign they blame it on the store. Returns are especially hard to deal with because people do not understand the concept of saving a receipt or a tag and that something cannot be returned like a year later.

No comments: