Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Date Auction

At the beginning of the year one of my friends from the junior class asked if my friend Dave and I if we would participate in this years date auction. Dave and I agreed to do it not really knowing what it was. It ended up being a fun event. Dave and I were going to be auctioned off together as a pair and we had to decide on a "theme" for the auction. With me being from Oklahoma and Dave being from Texas it seemed fitting that we went as cowboys. Before the auction started we didn't really have any expectations for how much people would bid on us. We told the girl that asked us to do it that we were going to get more than she got though. When she went for $200 we thought we had no chance especially since we were one of the last groups to go. When we went up on stage things went much better than we thought they would. We ended up getting sold for $315 and beating the girl that asked us to do it.

No comments: