Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Presidential Debate #1

I feel that this debate set the tone for the rest of the campaign. I am a registered democrat and a Barack Obama supporter, but I am open to everything and have given John McCain a chance. I was not impressed with John McCain at all. He came off unprofessional in my eyes. He smiled and laughed during Barack Obama's response's and throughout the Debate. He didn't once look at Obama during the debate, which I don't understand. A debate is nothing more than an organized argument, but McCain failed to come off confident, firm, and just respectful. Him not doing this makes him seem like he doesn't respect Obama, take this campaign seriously, or it shows a lack of humbleness. I honestly just don't agree with anything that McCain believes in. But after watching the Debate, I just don't like the man.

Barack Obama came off well prepared. He was ready to respond to every comment McCain made. He looked at Senator McCain when he talked, or referred to him, like a real man and leader should do. Obama spoke firmly and confidently. When he speaks, I feel like I can trust him. Obama over powered McCain in the argument; it showed, and there differences were like night and day. Obama had points and steps to every idea that he proposed, showing that he is well organized, and thinks things through. I honestly feel that Obama is the obvious choice for the United States. We need change, and we need it now. Electing McCain will be like repeating a mistake.

No comments: