Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Red Sox post season analysis!

I am a Red Sox but I am also someone that is realistic. While I have faith in the Sox, I think the Angels are just too good. Their rotation isn't deep enough to last long at all. John Lester is by far our as of August. He can not be stopped and has gone eight innings in more than 3 games in the last month. I think he will take game 1 for us. John Lackey will get the hill for the Angels. He is a great pitcher but the Sox can get to him fast and take his game away from him. Game 2 will go to the Angels as well as Games 3 and 4. Dice-K is one of the best pitchers in the AL but with a lineup like the halo's, they are gonna get to him fast. ANd everyone knows when DiceK starts to get hit hard, he doesn't last very long. That brings in our bullpen, GAME OVER! Mike Timlin, Manny Delcarmen, and Javier Lopez. That spells disaster. Papelbon is our only bullpen pitcher unless Bartolo moves the pen for the playoffs but with Beckett on the DL, I don't see that happening.

My Picks

SOX V. ANGELS
GAME 1- W - 4-3 Lester vs. Lackey
GAME 2- L - 8-2 DiceK vs. E. Santana
GAME 3- L - 5-3 Bartolo/Byrd vs. TBA
GAME 4- L - 6-5 Bartolo/Byrd vs. TBA

CUBS BEAT THE ANGELS IN THE WORLD SERIES 4 GMS TO 2

POST TO ME, I WOULD LIKE TO DEBATE THIS!?!?

No comments: